Friday, February 10, 2012

Starving For Money

Starving For Money
 
     Many people want to help others, but they never know where to start. A group of 18 women in Asuncion, Paraguay are facing hardships, but still choose to help others rather than just thinking of themselves. Mujeres Al Poder Group is nothing less than inspirational. The purpose of their group is to purchase meat, bread, condiments, and other supplies for their business. With the supply of food and goods they will be able to provide food for the less fortunate. If their business thrives, many people can sleep on a full stomach.
     In a country that is filled with poverty, the Mujeres Al Poder Group would be perfect to lend money to. Food isn't a privilege, its a necessity, and here in America we tend to forget how important it is and take it for granted. People deal with these problems every day in their city. Each day they face huge challenges such as being able to provide food for themselves and their families as well.
     Next time one thinks about having another meal for the day, they should consider the troubles that people go through across the world. With a small donation to Mujeres Al Poder Group, the women will be able to purchase all the food necessary to provide for the less fortunate. A small donation to the group can make a tremendous impact on someone else, and possibly save their life.

http://www.kiva.org/lend/388642

Mujeres Al Poder Group

5 comments:

  1. I saw many groups in India or Pakistan needing our help but didn't see Paraguy. You researched it well. I agree that we forget how important it is and taking it for granted. I think it's because we live in America. I hope people will lend some money to this group that you posted so that they can succeed in their busineess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your title. I was interested right away about what that was all about. You definitely grabbed my attention. I'm really surprised about how these ladies are still giving even though they may need themselves. You really did such a wonderful job and you make me even want to donate myself. I would definitely choose you as SBS's winner. She should donate to this cause.

    --Taylor Carlson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your title, it does grab the reader's attention. I find it amazing how these groups have to little, but never give up on bettering themselves. I never knew about Kiva until now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jared,
    I also really like your title. It's great that you are able to show the point of the groups story in just three words, without even reading your post. You picked a great group of ladies to donate to because they are working to erase hunger from their country, like so many other places around the world need to strive to do.
    -Carly C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jared,
    What I love about this group is that it isn't for profit as many of the other businesses are. Instead of helping one person, you're helping many by donating. I like your use of urgency saying "many can sleep on a full stomach". That makes me want to donate right this second before it's too late. You also made me feel a sense of responsibility to helping this group in your statement that "food isn't a privilege, it's a necessity". Your conclusion drew everything in and made me feel important as a prospective donor. If I donated to this group, I don't feel it would be a waste. That's what you want to accomplish in a post like this- good job!

    ReplyDelete