Sunday, February 5, 2012

Made in Israel

My nationality may be American,
but my people come from the Ancient Near East.
Originally from Miami Florida,
the story originates far back to a whole other country.
I am a Jewish American,
and I am proud.

Although I have never stepped foot on Israeli soil,
I am completely aware of my ethnic background.
The language is ever so fluent,
like no other that I have ever heard before.
The stories that I have came to know,
They show so much of my peoples' history, and the world's.
If only one day I would be able to visit,
finally be able to see everything that I have been missing.

I may not be completely Israeli,
but no matter what I will always be Jewish.
We do not all share a common ancestry,
but we are all one.
A tremendously strong religion
being able to fight through all the adversities.
I am proud to be Jewish.

1 comment:

  1. Jared,

    Your poem is clear, concise, and creatively written. A few grammatical corrections: "The stories that I have cOme to know" (not came). Comma after Miami. No comma after history (line 12).

    ReplyDelete